Hempfield High School Technology & Engineering Education Department
About Our Program
Students at Hempfield High School have the opportunity to explore various courses within our department. Our programs are designed for ANY student to explore throughout his or her high school career. The labs are current and the staff has worked hard to offer a cutting-edge curriculum to prepare our students with 21st Century skills.
Students have the opportunity to work with CNC routers, laser engravers, 3D printers, CNC plasma cutters, digital cameras, and sublimation printers. All of our labs are equipped with computers and software to design and render various products. This includes; AutoCAD, Inventor, PhotoShop, CorelDRAW, Enroute Pro, and Illustrator.
Our Project Lead the Way courses to allow students to explore all facets of engineering and is affiliated with the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
- Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW)***
- Principles of Engineering (PLTW)
- Digital Electronics (PLTW)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (PLTW)
- Electronics I***
- Electronic II
- Electronics - Independent Study
- Digital Photography I***
- Digital Photography II
- Manufacturing Technology I*** (Metal)
- Manufacturing Technology II (Metal)
- Manufacturing Technology - Independent Study (Fab Tech)
- Power Technology
- Stage Design
- Materials and Processes I*** (Wood)
- Materials and Processes II (Wood)
- Materials and Processes - Independent Study (Wood)
- Introduction to Drafting and Design***
- Engineering Drafting and Design
- Architectural Drafting and Design
- Drafting and Design - Independent Study
- Desktop Publishing I***
- Desktop Publishing II
- Desktop Publishing - Independent Study
- Introduction to Video Game Design
PA Department of Education Information
Technology Education is the means by which we teach students the Technology and Engineering components of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education which is found in the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Science and Technology, Science and Technology. Technology Education is a body of knowledge separate from but related to the sciences, with specific content, curriculum and specific certification requirements. Technology is the application of tools, materials, processes and systems by humans to solve problems and provide benefits to humankind. We use technology in an attempt to improve our world in which we live.
Technology Education involves a broad spectrum of knowledge and activities. Effective Technology Education combines knowledge of content, processes and skills to provide students with a holistic approach to learning. Technology Education offers unique opportunities to apply numerous academic concepts through practical minds- on/hands-on applications giving these academic concepts relevance.