Hempfield High School Health & Physical Education Curriculum
Students are required to have four English credits to graduate. Students typically follow a vertical progression; however, with teacher recommendations, students may move into other levels.
Additional information regarding Advanced Placement Classes can be found at the College Board.
Health and Physical Education Course Offerings
- Physical Education, Personal Wellness and Fitness
- Introduction to Strength Training and Conditioning
- Personal Fitness Design
- Fitness for Life
- Military Fitness
- Sports Medicine
- Cardio Conditioning
- Advanced Strength Training and Conditioning
- Net Sports
- Advanced Team Sports
Goals & Outcomes
- Adhere to Pennsylvania State Health & Physical Standards.
- Achieve practical Health & Wellness skills to be utilized throughout one’s lifetime.
- Ascertain personal wellness and fitness, with instruction in goal setting, workout design, and encouragement.
- Acquire strategies and skills to cope with stress, maintain a healthy level of fitness, and enjoy leisure time.