Extracurricular activities are an important extension of the educational program and a privilege afforded to our students by the Hempfield community. Hempfield students have diverse and equitable opportunities to earn competitive roles and otherwise participate in extracurricular activities that promote the development of well rounded, accomplished students who respect and take pride in themselves, their school, and the community.
Extracurricular participants interact with knowledgeable, skilled adults who exemplify the district philosophy regarding extracurricular activities. In addition to providing exemplary instruction and leadership for their activities, extracurricular advisors readily embrace responsibility for being mentors and role models and demonstrate this commitment through example and deed.
Ultimately, the Hempfield extracurricular program strives to produce responsible, capable young adults who hold themselves accountable for pursuing excellence in all aspects of life, demonstrate joy and humility when they succeed, exhibit grace and resourcefulness in the face of adversity, and desire to contribute positively to the goals of the school organizations to which they belong as well as the needs of our community.
Because participation in extracurricular activities is a privilege, the school administration, together with the advisors and coaches, will determine requirements for eligibility in all extracurricular activities. Students who violate school rules and regulations jeopardize their opportunity to continue their participation/attendance in any extracurricular offering.
- Students deserve access to diverse, equitable opportunities to earn membership in extracurricular activities where they have the chance to develop high levels of proficiency in their activity as well as skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
- In order to develop young adults who demonstrate high character in and out of school activities, students will work with activity advisors who model leadership, integrity, respect, selflessness, commitment, team work, goal setting and attainment, good communication, and a caring, positive, professional attitude.
- Students and activity advisors will strive for excellence within the expectations framework established for their activity and hold themselves accountable for their decisions and actions, during and outside of those times the activity occurs.
- Students and activity advisors will recognize the privilege of participation in extracurricular activities and demonstrate respect for themselves, peers and adults with whom they interact in activities, our school and the community.
- Parents and spectators must recognize the fact that participation in extracurricular activities is a privilege and will demonstrate the same respect for students and adults associated with the school extracurricular program that is expected of Hempfield students and district personnel.
- Hempfield students, activity advisors, district personnel, parents, and fans will abide by the guidelines established by local, regional, and/or state sanctioning bodies regarding activity participation and spectator conduct.