Right To Know
Under Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know law, the public has a right to inspect or obtain copies of public records maintained by the district. Board Policy 801 outlines the responsibilities of the district and basic guidelines for the public when requesting records. The PA Office of Open Records site contains a thorough FAQ page and citizens' guide with additional details about the PA Right-to-Know law.
To submit a Right-to-Know request:
- Download and fill out the district's request form.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org (strongly recommended) or mail the form to:
Hempfield School District
Attn: Open Records
200 Church Street
Landisville, PA 17538
- You will receive a response within five business days of the district receiving your request.
- Depending on the records being requested, there may be an additional wait of up to 30 days for your request to be processed. You will be informed of any extended response times in the initial request acknowledgement.
- Your request will either be granted, denied, or partially granted/denied based on the existence of any matching records or if the record contains certain types of information that may be withheld as defined by the Right-to-Know law.
Contact Information for the District Open Records Officer
Chief Information Officer, Open Records Officer
Contact Information for the PA Office of Open Records
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Office of Open Records
Commonwealth Keystone Building
333 Market Street, 16th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101-2234