The Hempfield Allied Virtual Education Network (HAVEN) is designed to meet the unique needs of students interested in a full-time cyber-education learning experience. HAVEN blends the benefits of an online virtual education with the resources and social/extracurricular activities offered by the Hempfield School District.
Advantages to the HAVEN Program
- Choose from online middle school and high school courses (Grade 7-12) offering a wide variety of elective options.
- Students maintain their status as Hempfield students allowing for participation in school activities such as school dances, prom, extracurricular activities and high school commencement.
- Students have access to post-secondary planning materials and programs through the high school counseling office.
- Earn a Hempfield High School diploma and participate in commencement activities.
- Resident students currently enrolled in grades 7-12 in the Hempfield School District.
- Current Hempfield Students who are motivated to succeed in an independent learning environment.
- If accepted, students are committed to the program for a minimum of one full semester from the start of coursework.
- Students must be enrolled full time in the Hempfield School District and in need of a minimum of four (4) credits (grade 9-12 students)
- Completion of a HAVEN application including all signatures, returned to the respective middle school/high school counselor.
- All accepted students will be scheduled for an intake meeting to complete the required paperwork for admission and receive instruction regarding program access.
- Accepted Students will attend Landisville Education Center for in-person instruction until meeting proficient understanding of course requirements as determined by course facilitators (minimum of 1 week).
- For Seniors Only
- Must be in need a minimum of 3 required credits to graduate for the semester enrolled.
- No seniors will be enrolled in HAVEN during semester 2 unless they meet the above guidelines.
- No student may enroll in HAVEN just for elective credits.
- HAVEN start dates coincide with the start of each new semester at Hempfield High School.
- Students must return completed applications to their middle school/high school counselor no later than 7 days after the start of each new semester for enrollment.
- No seniors will be accepted into the HAVEN program after the start date of the second semester.