About Secondary Courses
Core academic courses are available for all grade levels, and a variety of elective courses are available for high school students, grades 9-12. HVA also offers online honors, Advanced Placement (AP), and dual enrollment options. Course options are subject to change based on availability.
Most of the course work is completed asynchronously, but students in grades 7-12 can access additional tutoring support from their Hempfield facilitator, either online or face-to-face at the Landisville Education Center.
Open Campus is a partnership between Hempfield School District and Penn Manor School District to expand the number of online courses available to students in grades 9-12. Specific electives, courses not available through Edgenuity, are taught through the Open Campus program by either a Hempfield or Penn Manor teacher. Students in grades 9-12 enrolled in HAVEN may benefit from Open Campus programming and are eligible to take these courses.
- Child Development
- Creative Writing
- Creative Writing 2
- Fund. Of Design
- Intro to Video Game Design
- Latin 1
- Latin 2
- Intro to Web Design
- Medical Terminology
Requirements for Seniors Only
- Must be in need of a minimum of 3 required credits to graduate for the semester enrolled.
- No seniors will be enrolled in HAVEN during second semester unless they meet the above guidelines.
- No student may enroll in HAVEN just for elective credits.
- Cannot be accepted into the HAVEN program after the start date of the second semester.