About the HHS Preschool Program
In the preschool program, we strive to help each child attain a positive self concept. Socialization, sharing, and the value of friendship are also stressed. Throughout the semester, high school students work with the preschool children in a student-teacher capacity. Each week has a designated theme in which the high school students are responsible for creating a lesson and planning activities, games, and songs to carry out the learning experience. Guests and other appropriate activities are often included to enhance the learning experiences for children.If you would like to visit the preschool classroom, please contact Lauren Stauffer, Family and Consumer Sciences Department Chairperson, to schedule a time to observe. She can be reached by phone 717-898-5553 or e-mail.
Group ToursGroup tours and informational sessions for prospective parents will be held at the Preschool on the following dates and times:
- 2-Day Program - Monday, January 7, 2019-1:30 p.m.
- 3-Day Program - Tuesday, January 8, 2019-1:30 p.m.
- 2-Day Program - Monday, March 18, 2019-1:00 p.m. *NEW DATE ADDED*
- 3-Day Program - Tuesday, March 19, 2019-1:00 p.m. *NEW DATE ADDED*
To sign up for the tour, please call 717-898-5553 and speak to Lauren Stauffer, FCS Department Chairperson.
- Parents must provide transportation to and from school for their child.
- 2-Day Preschool: Your son/daughter must be at least 3 years old and toilet trained as of September 1, 2019. To secure your son/daughter’s place in our preschool program for the 2019-20 school year, please complete the online application starting February 6, 2019.
- 3-Day Preschool: Your son/daughter must be at least 4 years old and toilet trained as of September 1, 2019. It is suggested that children who register for the 3-day program should have attended the 2-day program first. The focus of the 3-day program is kindergarten readiness. To secure your son/daughter’s place in our preschool program for the 2019-20 school year, please complete the online application starting February 6, 2019.