PA Immunization Law
The new Immunization Law in Pennsylvania requires that all students have required immunizations by the first day of school, Thursday, August 24, 2017.
- If you have already submitted an updated immunization record since you received a letter, we will contact you if there are any further needs.
- If your student needs immunizations, we encourage you to have these completed AND submit the record to your student's school as soon as possible.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your School Nurse.
Along with caring for student and faculty illnesses and emergencies, school nurses:
Mandated School Health Program & ImmunizationsThe Pennsylvania Public School Code requires certain school health services for all children of school age. For a grid outlining the mandated services, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website. Additionally, certain immunizations are required for all children attending Pennsylvania schools. To view these requirements, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.Special Health Care IssuesSome children with disabilities may need special accommodations in school, and yet not need formal special education. This may include children with seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, asthma, life-threatening allergies, and diabetes. If applicable, please complete the following questionnaire and return it to your child’s school building nurse.
- maintain health and immunization records for all students
- perform state-mandated health screenings
- administer doctor-prescribed medications
- perform nursing procedures
- assist physicians and dentists with school examinations
- provide health counseling and referrals
- provide classroom instruction on health-related topics
- serve as a parent and classroom consultant in health-related matters.
Drug Testing PolicyThe use of drugs, alcohol, and/or anabolic steroids is a serious problem that impacts the well-being of individual students and the school community. For additional information about our Drug Testing Policy, please visit our Policy Manual.