Along with caring for student and faculty illnesses and emergencies, school nurses:
- maintain health and immunization records for all students
- perform state-mandated health screenings
- administer doctor-prescribed medications
- perform nursing procedures
- assist physicians and dentists with school examinations
- provide health counseling and referrals
- provide classroom instruction on health-related topics
- serve as a parent and classroom consultant in health-related matters.
Mandated School Health Program & Immunizations
Special Health Care Issues
Some children with disabilities may need special accommodations in school, and yet not need formal special education. This may include children with seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, asthma, life-threatening allergies, and diabetes. If applicable, please complete the following questionnaire and return it to your child’s school building nurse.
Drug Testing Policy
The use of drugs, alcohol, and/or anabolic steroids is a serious problem that impacts the well-being of individual students and the school community. For additional information about our Drug Testing Policy, please visit our Policy Manual