Forms & Resources
Free and Reduced Meal Information
- 2022-2023 Letter to Households
- Free and Reduced Income Eligibility Guidelines
- For more information on Free and Reduces Meal or how to apply, click here.
Field Trip Food Order Form
- Elementary School Field Trip Food Order Form
- Middle School Field Trip Food Order Form
- High School Field Trip Food Order Form
Civil Rights for Child Nutrition Programs
Medical Plan of Care
The Hempfield Food Service Department is here to help you with your child’s dietary needs. Our goal is to provide great service along with making each child’s dining experience special. For those children that require some dietary alterations to the school meal program, there are steps parents and guardians must take before changes to the meal program can occur. If your child has a dietary need, the Hempfield Food Service Department will need the parents and or guardians to either complete the new Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service form which was recently updated from the Pennsylvania Department of Education or provide a medical note from your child’s medical provider.
When submitting your medical provider’s note or completing the Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service form, the written medical statement must include:
- An explanation of how the child’s physical or mental impairment restricts the child’s diet;
- An explanation of what must be done to accommodate the child; and
- The food or foods to be omitted and recommended alternatives, if appropriate.
Medical Plan of Care Q&A
If you have already submitted a medical form during the 2018-2019 school year and you child has no dietary changes or dietary need, you do not need to complete a new Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service form or provide a note from your child’s medical provider for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
If you have already submitted a medical form during the 2018-2019 school year and your child has an additional dietary change or need, you will need to complete a new Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service form or provide an updated note from your child’s medical provider for the 2019-2020 school year.
What if my child is no longer allergic to tree nuts/peanuts? How do I get my child’s dietary restriction changed? In the case of an allergy that is life threatening, the Food Service Department requires parents to submit new paper work via the child’s medical provider indicating any change.