Athletic TrainingAthletic Trainer: Jennifer WettigAssistant Athletic Trainer: Sarah Brown
Training services are housed in the Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster Training Room. Athletic Trainers (ATs) are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
Student Trainer Program
The student athletic training program provides students with a hands on experience to aid student-athletes with first aid and the recovery process following injuries. Students will learn injury prevention, injury recovery processes, athletic training room management, and sports psychology among other topics.
Student AT’s are required to participate in a minimum of two sports seasons. Students in the program need to be highly motivated, dedicated, on time, self-starters, able to work well with others, positive role models and eager to learn.
- Physical Exam Paperwork
- Wrestling Skin Form
- Concussion Information
- Hempfield Concussion Policy
- ImPACT (Immediate and Post-concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) Testing Information:
- ImPACT Testing is required for all sports except cross country, tennis and track (pole vaulters will do ImPACT testing)
- Teams and individuals can contact the Athletic Trainer to schedule ImPACT testing
- Severe Weather Information
- Athletic Training System Portal Instructions
-All athletes must set up an Athlete Profile on ATS.
-Athletes have the option of completing their Physical Exam paperwork using the ATS system
Coaching Courses (Required for All Coaching Staff)Each coach will need to create an account to enroll in the course. Coaches, please submit your course certificates to the Athletic Trainer prior to the first day of practice.