Physical Exam Information
Mark your calendars, school sponsored physical exams for the 2019-2020 school year will be June 3rd (Boys) and June 4th (Girls). Exams will be held in the Franklin Gym and cost $20. Times are as follows:
3:00 p.m. for incoming seniors.
3:30 p.m. for incoming juniors.
4:00 p.m. for incoming sophomores.
4:30 p.m. for incoming freshman.
5:00 p.m. for incoming 8th graders.
5:30 p.m. for incoming 7th graders.
These forms are for the 2019-2020 School Year.
- CIPPE Form (Sections 1-6)
- CIPPE Recertification Form (Section 7)
- CIPPE Doctor's Clearance Form (Section 8)
- *This form is only needed if any of questions 1-6 in Section 7 are answered ‘yes’
- All Athletes Flow Chart
- Winter Athletes Flow Chart
- Spring Athletes Flow Chart
Forms updated for the 2019-2020 School Year 4/30/2019. Prior year forms may not be used and should be discarded.
The Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Evaluation (CIPPE) meets PIAA sports medicine guidelines. The CIPPE is designed to examine forthcoming student athletes’ overall general health, and any other conditions that may prevent athletes from participating in a sport offered by Hempfield School District.
All athletes must complete the following forms before participating in a sport:
- CIPPE form or CIPPE Re-certification form (see flowcharts for which is required).
- Insurance Release Form
- Drug Testing Consent Form
- Possession/Use of Substance Policy Consent Form
- NCAA Academic Eligibility Requirements (High School Only)
Copies of the CIPPE and CIPPE re-certification forms are available for download above, or can be picked up in the Athletic Director’s office, or school offices. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the CIPPE should be completed by parents prior to the physical exam. Section 6 of the CIPPE must be completed by a doctor. Other forms should be obtained from and returned to coaches.Please call the Athletic Trainer at 717-898-5515 or e-mail with questions.Athletic Trainer System Portal
All athletes must complete an Athlete Profile on the ATS portal. See the instructions page for creating an account and profile. Additionally, athletes can use the ATS system to complete their CIPPE paperwork.
Concussion Baseline TestingConcussion baseline testing is a tool that the Athletic Training staff can use to assess athletes for potential brain injuries. The a single test does not diagnose a concussion. Rather, athletes complete the baseline test, then if a head injury is sustained, they repeat the test. The scores of the two tests are compared and can be sued to assess the extent of a brain injury.All athletes are required to complete concussion baseline testing prior to trying out for a sport. As long as no head injuries are suspected, baseline testing is good for two years. ALL FIRST TIME STUDENT ATHLETES MUST COMPLETE BASELINE TESTING. Returning athletes may be required to renew the baseline testing. Call or e-mail the Athletic Trainer to find out if baseline testing needs to be renewed.Fall Baseline Testing Dates
All testing will be done in room 121 on the Buchanan side of the High School.
- August 6th, 10 am to noon: JV and varsity football only
- August 13th and 14th, 11:30am to 2 pm: Field hockey, Freshman Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Cheerleading only
- August 20th, 12-2:30: Junior High teams only (JH Field Hockey, JH Boys and Girls Soccer)