Health Services/ Nursing
Along with caring for student and staff illnesses and emergencies, school nurses:
- maintain health and immunization records for all students
- perform state-mandated health screenings
- administer doctor-prescribed medications
- perform nursing procedures
- assist physicians and dentists with school examinations
- provide health counseling and referrals
- provide classroom instruction on health-related topics
- serve as a parent and classroom consultant in health-related matters.
Mandated School Health Program & Immunizations
The Pennsylvania Public School Code requires certain school health services for all children of school age. For a grid outlining the mandated services, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.
Additionally, certain immunizations are required for all children attending Pennsylvania schools. The Immunization Law in Pennsylvania requires that all students have required immunizations by the first day of school. To view these requirements, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.
Special Health Care Issues
Some children with disabilities may need special accommodations in school, and yet not need formal special education. This may include children with seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, asthma, life-threatening allergies, and diabetes. If applicable, please complete the following questionnaire and return it to your child’s school building nurse.
Email Nursing Staff
- Centerville & Landisville Middle Schools
- Centerville Elementary School
- East Petersburg Elementary School
- Karma Witmer, Certified School Nurse
- Farmdale Elementary School
- Hempfield High School & Landisville Education Center
- Landisville Intermediary Center
- Landisville Primary Center
- Mountville Elementary School
- Rohrerstown Elementary School