Along with caring for student and staff illnesses and emergencies, school nurses:
- maintain health and immunization records for all students
- perform state-mandated health screenings
- administer doctor-prescribed medications
- perform nursing procedures
- assist physicians and dentists with school examinations
- provide health counseling and referrals
- provide classroom instruction on health-related topics
- serve as a parent and classroom consultant in health-related matters.
Mandated School Health Program & Immunizations
The Pennsylvania Public School Code requires certain school health services for all children of school age. For a grid outlining the mandated services, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.
Additionally, certain immunizations are required for all children attending Pennsylvania schools. The Immunization Law in Pennsylvania requires that all students have required immunizations by the first day of school. To view these requirements, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website.
Special Health Care Issues
Some children with disabilities may need special accommodations in school, and yet not need formal special education. This may include children with seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, asthma, life-threatening allergies, and diabetes. If applicable, please contact your child’s School Nurse.
Contact Information For Nursing Staff
Centerville Middle School - (717) 898-5580
Landisville Middle School - (717) 898-5607
Centerville Elementary School - (717) 898-5575
East Petersburg Elementary School - (717) 569-1211
Farmdale Elementary School - (717) 898-5595 & (717) 684-2206
Hempfield High School & Landisville Education Center - HHS: (717) 898-5500 | LEC: (717) 898-5605
Landisville Intermediary Center - (717) 898-5590
Landisville Primary Center - (717) 898-5519
Mountville Elementary School - (717) 285-5501
- Amber Weber-Lugo, Health Room Nurse
Rohrerstown Elementary School - (717) 299-7126
Hempfield School District
- Deb Krantz, Nursing Coordinator