Kindergarten registration is open for the 2023-2024 school year.
Registration should be completed by February 23, 2023. Please be sure to select the 2023-24 school year during the registration process.
If you are attempting to register a kindergartener for the current (2022-23) school year, please visit our New Student Registration page.
The Hempfield School District’s kindergarten program is designed to aid in the development of the whole child – intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally. Because each child is different in a variety of ways, kindergarten instruction is carefully organized to provide for the individual needs and stages of development. Kindergarten also helps each child acquire the good habits that are necessary for success in school.
- Kindergarten - A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if they have attained the age of five years before the first day of September.
- Grade 1 - A child is eligible for admission to first grade if they have attained the age of six years before the first day of September.
The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania requires all students to begin school no later than age 6 and attend school until age 18 or until graduation. A child who has attained the age of 6 on or before September 1 must enroll and attend school or begin a home school program that year. If a child turns 6 during the school year, they must enroll in school at the beginning of the following year.
4 Simple Steps to a Successful Countdown to Kindergarten!
- Create an account. Check your inbox for a confirmation email. (Please use a current email address, as this email will be used for ongoing district communication.) Then, log in to complete the online registration.
- Email the required documents listed below to Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to e-mail the documents, please call the Student Services Office at 717-459-9009 to arrange a time to provide the following information:
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residency (click here to view our residency policy)
- Immunization records
- Parent photo ID
- Attend Kindergarten Orientation Night. Find your school's orientation date here.
- Sign up for a Kindergarten Screening. Details coming soon.