The Hempfield School District’s kindergarten program is designed to aid in the development of the whole child – intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally. Because each child is different in a variety of ways, kindergarten instruction is carefully organized to provide for the individual needs and stages of development. Kindergarten also helps each child acquire the good habits that are necessary for success in school.
- Kindergarten - A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five years before the first day of September.
- Grade 1 - A child is eligible for admission to first grade if s/he has attained the age of six years before the first day of September.
3 Simple Steps to a Successful Countdown to Kindergarten!
- Create an account. Check your inbox for a confirmation email. (Please use a current email address, as this email will be used for ongoing district communication.) Then, login to complete the online registration.
- Call the Student Services Office, 717-459-9009, to schedule a registration meeting. Please bring:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Immunization records
- Parent photo ID
- Attend Virtual Kindergarten Orientation Night. Details to come soon.
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year is open, please click here for new student registration.
200 Church Street
Landisville, PA 17538
Please note: The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania was recently changed and requires all students to begin school no later than age 6 and attend school until age 18 or until graduation.