- Kindergarten - A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if they have attained the age of five years before the first day of September.
- Grade 1 - A child is eligible for admission to first grade if they have attained the age of six years before the first day of September regardless of prior educational programming (Board Policy 201).
The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania requires all students to begin school no later than age 6 and attend school until age 18 or until graduation. A child who has attained the age of 6 before September 1 must enroll and attend school or begin a home school program that year. If a child turns 6 during the school year, they must enroll in school at the beginning of the following year.
For any student who has not yet started kindergarten, kindergarten registration for the current (2023-24) school year is closed. If you need to register a kindergarten student for the current school year (2023-24) who has already started kindergarten, please visit the New Student Registration page.
Steps to a Successful Countdown to Kindergarten!
- Click here to create an account. Check your inbox for a confirmation email. (Please use a current email address, as this email will be used for ongoing district communication.) Then, log in to complete the online registration.
- Attend Kindergarten Orientation Night. Find your school's orientation date here.
- Sign up for a Kindergarten Screening. Details are posted as they are finalized.