Please note that screenings for incoming kindergarten students are cancelled at this time.
The Hempfield School District’s kindergarten program is designed to aid in the development of the whole child – intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally. Because each child is different in a variety of ways, kindergarten instruction is carefully organized to provide for the individual needs and stages of development. Kindergarten also helps each child acquire the good habits that are necessary for success in school.
- Kindergarten - A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if s/he has attained the age of five years before the first day of September.
- Grade 1 - A child is eligible for admission to first grade if s/he has attained the age of six years before the first day of September.
3 Simple Steps to a Successful Countdown to Kindergarten!
- Create an account. Check your inbox for a confirmation email. (Please use a current email address, as this email will be used for ongoing district communication.) Then, login to complete the online registration.
- Call the Student Services Office, 717-459-9009, to schedule a registration meeting. Please bring:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Immunization records
- Parent photo ID
- Attend Kindergarten Orientation Night at the school building where your child will attend school.
Click here to register for 2020-2021 Kindergarten. (This link is not valid for any other type of registration.)
Please note: The compulsory school age in Pennsylvania was recently changed and requires all students to begin school no later than age 6 and attend school until age 18 or until graduation.