Activity fees are charged to students participating on any district athletic team, all extracurricular music and dramatic performance activities, including the following teams: Chess Club Team, Quiz Bowl Team, and Math Counts Team. Fees do not apply to groups that perform specific services for school or community populations. Accommodations are made for students/families experiencing economic hardship.
It is important to note that this is not a participation fee that guarantees playing time or a specific level of participation; it is a payment required of all students registered in a sport or activity. Parents will be invoiced after rosters and cast lists have been finalized and submitted to district administration by coaches, directors and activity advisors. Payment must be made within the first two weeks of the activity or the student will be ineligible to participate. The activity fee is nonrefundable.
The fee structure is as follows:
- High School, Varsity, Junior Varsity: $75 per activity
- Middle School, Junior High: $50 per activity
- Family cap: $500. For families that have one or more children participating in several activities, no more than $500 in total will be due per family for activities within the current school year. The family cap includes musical instrument rental fees.
- Check payments that are returned for insufficient funds will be charged a fee.
- Students who qualify for economic hardship will be exempted from these fees.
An online payment system has been established for the collection of fees. To pay Activity Fees online, please refer to our Fee Payment Instructions. Any student who would potentially be unable to participate in an activity as a result of this fee may contact the Student Services Office at 459-9009 for additional information.
Payment history can be viewed on the Sapphire Community Web Portal.