Click through to watch messages to the Hempfield High School graduating class from teachers and coaches from HHS.
Seniors Who Did Not Pick Up Their Diploma
If a senior student did not pick up their diploma during distribution, please know that this diploma will NOT automatically be mailed to the student. The next opportunity to pick up your diploma is today – Thursday, June 4 – from noon to 6:00 p.m. Pull up along the curb outside the PAC lobby and stay in your vehicle. Return your iPad and charger. Your diploma and any other belongings left behind at the high school will be returned to you. Thank you!
Is the Senior Picnic cancelled?
If we are able to plan an in-person event this summer, the seniors will provide input on the aspects they want to be included at that time. Please keep in mind that we will need to follow the social distancing guidelines set forth at that time of the planning of this event.
Our senior School Counselors have made available a survey for students requesting their interest/feedback in having an in-person graduation ceremony and/or an in-person senior class picnic in July or August. We encourage all seniors to participate in this survey!
Is there an update on prom?
The Eden Resort has made the decision to cancel all proms booked for 2020, consequently the Hempfield High School Senior Prom that was planned for Friday, July 24, 2020 is cancelled. Given the current limitations, hosting the evening was not feasible for our students or the staff at Eden Resort.
- Prom is tentatively scheduled for 7/24/20. The event will depend on state and local regulations/guidelines at the time for large group gatherings.
- If group size is limited, we will use the first registered, first served model and adjust accordingly.
- Arrival from 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Social Hour will run from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. During this time appetizers including hot hors d’oeuvres served butler style, fresh fruit, vegetables, assorted cheese, soda, and punch will be available.
- Dinner will begin promptly at 5:00 p.m. and conclude at 6:00 p.m. The meal will include a variety of salads, carved roast sirloin of beef, stuffed chicken breasts, vegetable lasagna, chef’s complementing potato, vegetable, and an endless dessert bar.
- A soda station and light snacks will be available throughout the evening.
- Dancing will be from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with music provided by Mixed Impression DJ’s.
- A photo booth will be available from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 P.M. free of charge.
- Registration will occur online through a Google Form. This form will be released when registration opens.
- Each INDIVIDUAL must fill out a registration form and pay SEPARATELY in MySchoolBucks
- Registration will open on Monday, June 29, 2020 and close Friday, July 10, 2020.
- Seating will be following an OPEN SEATING concept. This means first come, first served.
- Tables will have maximum seating based on current regulations at the time; no individuals will be permitted to adjust tables.
- Prom tickets will cost $50.00 per person, which is reduced from $55 since the Class of 2020 is offsetting the ticket cost by $5 per ticket as the class gift.
- No tickets or table sign-ups will occur past 7/10/20.
- Individuals may not attend any portion of the evening's activities without completing registration and paying for a ticket.
- Prom is viewed as a privilege and an extracurricular activity.
- All school policies will apply to all individuals who attend the prom.
- All participants will remain inside the resort throughout the evening. If you leave, you are not permitted to re-enter.
- Security for the prom will be provided by the Eden Resort and local Police.
- Contact Mr. Terry Newman (email@example.com) or Mr. Zahid Virmani (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Last Day for Seniors
The last day for seniors will be June 2, 2020.
YearbooksThe Epilogue 2020 yearbook is now being shipped. Students who have ordered them should be receiving them shortly at their homes. Employees who have pre-ordered them can come to the Hempfield High School Franklin Office lobby on Tuesday, June 16 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. and on Thursday, June 18 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.A limited number of yearbooks are still available for purchase on a first come, first serve basis at these times as well. Payment is cash or check written out to Hempfield School District for $70.If you have another specific question about the yearbook, contact Debby Walburn.