College & Career Planning
Hempfield School District is implementing a K-12 college and career planning software called Xello. Xello is an engaging program that helps students build individualized career plans for their future, coupled with knowledge of the skills required for various careers. We are excited to fully implement this program to promote deeper student and family engagement in ongoing career readiness and post-secondary exploration!
- This spring, the high school began transitioning to Xello, with a full transition planned for the 2020-21 school year.
- Xello replaces Naviance, which will no longer be used after this school year.
- Xello has capabilities for college and career research, assessments to determine students’ strengths and weaknesses, requests for letter of recommendations, and transcripts for current students.
- Xello works with 90% of the colleges and universities in the country. Any out-of-network colleges can be interacted with using another source like Common App.
- School Counselors will give students step-by-step instructions on how to request a letter of recommendation for both in-network and out-of-network colleges.
- Scholarship opportunities will also be managed in Xello, starting the fall of 2020.
- Go to the student resources page and click the “Xello” icon. Students will be prompted to sign in with their google Hempfield student account.
- All HHS students have access to Xello now and are encouraged to explore the features and tools available.
- Because this is a complete K-12 program, the goal is for students to explore and build an “Academic and Career Readiness” plan by Grade 8. Throughout high school, students will implement their “Academic and Career Readiness” plan to help narrow their post-secondary options and be ready for the world of work.
- Xello will also allow us to connect learning to careers through the “Inspire” platform. Inspire allows school districts to partner with local businesses to provide internships and apprenticeships to students. The platform is managed by the local Chamber, which means it should always be current. Students will be able to submit resumes and apply directly through Inspire.
- Please let your school counselor know if you have any questions.