CMS Extracurricular Activities
Interscholastic Fall Sports ($50 fee*)
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
Interscholastic sports are typically held after school. On school days, transportation to practice is provided by the school and parents pick up promptly at the end of practice. Physicals completed by a physician (after June 1st for the upcoming fall) are mandatory. A team may or may not have try outs. All middle school sports require a $50 fee*. The first mandatory practices for a fall sport begin mid-August. Please feel free to call the Athletic Office between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday at 717-898-5515 with any additional questions.
Winter Sports ($50 fee*)
- Boys and Girls Basketball
Spring Sports ($50 fee*)
- Track and field
- Winter Musical ($50 fee*)
- Black Knight Color Guard ($50 fee*)
Early Fall Clubs & Teams
- Open to both seventh and eighth graders. Aevidum promotes a "we got your back" attitude while trying to create a positive school climate.
- Student Council
- In seventh and eighth grade, every homeroom has a class representative. Election for homeroom reps and are usually held the third week of September. student Council Officer seats are held by eighth graders, and elections for those positions are held at the end of seventh grade. The role of student council includes planning activities, fundraisers, and dances.
- Similar to a TV news show, eighth grade students host the morning announcements. Students try out for positions at the end of seventh grade. The kids write the script, set up the graphics, and perform the announcements live. Each Thursday, a competition is held where a theme song from a movie or TV played, and the homerooms call in the correct answer. The team keeps track of the homeroom with the most correct answers and at the end of the year, the winning homeroom will earn a prize.
- Tech Squad
- Members run the Makerspace, help with printing the tech issues in the library, and assist with iPad set up and orientation for students. The Tech Squad team may pilot new initiatives for the district. Tech Squad meets once a cycle during flex and each member works once flex period during a cycle in a library. Tech Quad is open by application to both seventh and eighth grades. Students are to fill out an application at the beginning of the year.
- Chess Team ($50 fee*)
- A chess tournament is offered in both September and October. All interest students must participate in one. Knowledge of chess is required. Matches are held after school.
- Quiz Bowl Team ($50 fee*)
- A fun and exciting competition to show off your knowledge and test your speed at ringing a buzzer. Question categories may include: math, science, the arts and humanities as well as current events.
- Math Counts Team ($50 fee*)
- Around Thanksgiving, practice begins for the Math Cunts Chapter competition held in February at Millersville University. Open to both seventh and eighth graders, club members look at a large variety of math problems and share strategies and techniques. The top 8 students go to Millersville in hopes of qualifying for the State Competition in Harrisburg as a state qualification by 1 point! Announcements will made near the beginning of November for student sign-ups.
- Middle Pages
- The CMS newspaper is published four times throughout the school year.
- Library Helpers
- Open to students who have availability during flex. Helpers assist in the library one day per cycle for half the year. A new crew is recruited second semester.
- Seventh and eighth grade members of the yearbook crew assist with all aspects of putting together the CMS annual yearbook. applications accepted only at the beginning of the year.
- The Expressions is a Literary Magazine published at the end of the school year. Students submit writings/art to be considered for participation. The club is open to both seventh and eighth grades on club sign up day. Students who select this club are responsible for not only selection pieces to be submitted in the magazine, but also for writing their own creative selections.
Winter Clubs & Teams
- Chorus Students ($50 fee for Spring Musical*)
- Watch for auditions in early December for Spring Musical. Stage Crew is open to all.
Spring Clubs & Teams
- Jazz Band
- Calling all pianists, bass, and guitar players as well as current band members! Watch for sign-ups for Jazz Band in mid-February.
* The $50.00 activity fee for seventh and eighth graders for the above indicated activities does have a $500 family cap. This family cap includes instrument rentals.