College & Career Planning
Hempfield School District is implementing a K-12 college and career planning software called Xello. Xello is an engaging program that helps students explore and build individualized career plans for their future, coupled with knowledge of the skills required for various careers. We are excited to fully implement this program to promote deeper student and family engagement in ongoing career readiness and post-secondary exploration!
- Xello began rolling out in our middle schools this school year.
- Formerly, the career planning lessons and resulting activities were collected in Naviance and/or via paper.
- Online software modules allow all students in both middle schools buildings to receive the same career and college planning services.
- Students will complete online modules as part of career readiness awareness and preparation.
- The online modules do not replace other career and college planning opportunities that school counselors implement, such as Junior Achievement, guest speakers, and personal classroom lessons.
- Parents and guardians can see what students are doing and their resulting career awareness and preparation activities.
- School Counselors and teachers are given real-time updates on student progress in Xello. The program captures feedback, such as, student interests and strengths that are reported to the school for further exploration.
- Students will explore and build an “Academic and Career Readiness” plan by Grade 8.
- Please let your school counselor know if you have any questions.