Welcome to the MES Counseling Program
Welcome to the MES Guidance page. This is a resource that students, parents and staff can utilize.What is a School Counselor?A school counselor provides the following services to students and families:Individual Counseling – Some of the referral reasons for meeting individually with students/families are listed below.
Classroom Guidance – Providing a preventive and developmentally appropriate classroom guidance lesson in each classroom during each marking period.Other responsibilities include working with education support teams, managing 504 Accommodation Plans, helping students transition to a new school or grade level, and conducting mediations.
- develop an understanding of themselves or others
- identify problems and possible solutions
- learn problem-solving strategies
- learn appropriate social and interpersonal skills
- identify coping strategies to overcome adversity and change
- develop positive self-image
- recognize their own needs and goals
- discuss feelings