- Hempfield School District
- Coronavirus Update Center
Health Services/ Nursing
- Health Services
- 5th Grade Growth & Development Program
Coronavirus Update Center
- Reopening School 2020-2021
- Continuity of Education Information
- Learning Resources for Students & Families
- Mental Health & Social Service Family Resources
- Family Technology Resources
- Hempfield School District Food Resources
- Family’s First Coronavirus Response Act
New Benefit to Help Families Who Qualify for Free or Reduced Priced Meals
Under the Family’s First Coronavirus Response Act a new benefit is available to help families who qualify for free or reduced priced meals. The benefit will come on an Electronic Benefit Transfer Card (EBT), a debit card. The benefits can only be spent on food. The card is valid for six months.
How do I know if I am eligible?
- If you were already receiving SNAP (Food Stamps) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), you will get the P-EBT amount deposited on your EBT card for each student who is certified for free or reduced-price school meals.
- P-EBT cards will be mailed to households with students who were already enrolled in the free and reduced-price program when school closed.
- If you received reduced-price meals and your income has changed, fill out a new application to see if you now qualify for free meals. More information available here on our website.
- If your income has changed, and you did not receive meals during the school year, you MUST complete an application in www.ezmealapp.com or through COMPASS, www.compass.pa.gov. You only need to complete one application for your family.
- By applying now, your meal benefit status will carry over into the 2020-21 school year for the first 30-school days. You will need to complete a new application when school resumes in August.
What if my address changed?
- We must have your current mailing address. Send an email to Brian Rathgeb, Food Service Director or Shelly Jones, Food Service Secretary with the names of your children and their ID number, along with your updated mailing address.
- If you receive SNAP benefits, the current address on file will be used to mail your P-EBT card. You must call 1-877-395-8900 to update your address.
How much money will I get?
- Amounts will vary depending on when your application is processed.
Can we still pick-up meals through the school district’s grab and go program?
- YES! This new benefit does not change our pick-up program. Our last meal pick-up date is Wednesday, June 3.