- Hempfield School District
Return to Headlines
PowerSchool: Accessing Parent/Guardian Accounts
Here are a few tips to help troubleshoot a few PowerSchool questions you may have including how to set up an account, reset password and where to find your Schoology password.
- Parents/Gurdians who do not currently have a PowerSchool account will need to request an access code and password.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a code and include the name of your student in the email.
- Codes will be sent to the email address on file for the students parent or legal guardian.
- See this link for a sample letter with codes and directions.
- Please do not use your full email address as your username.
- Parents/Guardians who cannot log into their existing PowerSchool accounts should rest their passwords.
- To access PowerSchool log into PowerSchool, using the district website here. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.
- If you cannot log in, reset your PowerSchool password using the Forgot Password link. Please note: This process will NOT work using the app. You must start at the district website here.
- An email will be sent to email address associated with the account with a link. Follow the link and the directions to reset your password.
- Log into PowerSchool into PowerSchool with your new password.
- If cannot recall your username or you do not receive an email from PowerSchool, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
- Parents/Guardians who cannot log into Schoology should retrieve their password from PowerSchool.
- Log into PowerSchool, using the district website here.
- Along the left hand side, click on Schoology. It will display your Schoology username and password. This will be different from anything you’ve used in previous school years. This will not work in the app.
- Click on the words “Schoology Log In” to go to Schoology.
Why Sign Up for a PowerSchool Parent/Guardian Account?
If you haven't signed up for PowerSchool yet, the following information is available in PowerSchool's parent/guardian and student portal including:
- Grades (current and historical)
- Student documents
- Report cards (current and historical back to the 12-13 school year)
- Unofficial transcripts
- School bulletins
- Transportation assignments (bus number and stop)
- Locker info
- Cafeteria account balance
- Schoology account information
- Email notification settings