It’s Time to Check on the Status of Volunteer Clearances!
If you have clearances on file to volunteer with the Hempfield School District, please check to see when your clearances are due to expire. Clearances are valid for five years from the earliest date on your three clearances. To do so, contact the building secretary where you volunteer before Monday, June 17 or contact our HR Office during the summer months.
If your clearances are due to expire between now and December 31, 2020, please plan ahead due to the expected increase in individuals requiring fingerprinting. During the next 18 months, it is estimated that roughly 500,000 people in Pennsylvania will need to be fingerprinted.
The following items are required to volunteer in Hempfield School District.
- Arrest/Conviction Report (PDE Form 6004)
- You may print this form from our website.
- PA State Police Criminal History Check – Free
- Requests must be completed online at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp. Your clearance will be ready immediately and you should print it by clicking on the “Certificate Form” button. If you are unable to print it, write down the control number so you can access it later.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance – Free
- Requests must be completed online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Click on “Create Individual Account” and then follow the instructions.
- FBI Criminal Background Check – Cost $23.85
- Requests must be completed online at https://uenroll.identogo.com
- Enter this service code: 1KG6XN
- Click on “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
- You must schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. The following sites are currently approved:
- Faithful at Home Care
- 888 Millersville Road, Lancaster, PA 17603
- Elizabethtown Library
- 10 S. Market Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
- Ephrata Library
- 550 S. Reading Road, Ephrata, PA 17522
- We will need the paid receipt or unofficial results letter.
- Faithful at Home Care
Links to these clearances are available on the Hempfield School District website under Operations>Human Resources>Volunteer Information.
When you have completed all four (4) necessary clearances/forms, please bring the documents to Human Resources in the Administration Building, 200 Church Street, Landisville, PA 17538 between 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or email them to HRoffice@hempfieldsd.org. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 898-5503.