HHS Parking Rules
It is very important that the school be able to identify the owner of any vehicle parked on campus during the course of the school day; therefore, all student parking on campus is by permit only. Carefully read the information provided below prior to completing the 2022-2023 Online Parking Permit Application.
- Any student driving and parking their car on campus must register the vehicle by obtaining a parking permit.
- Student parking will be confined to the performing arts center parking lot, the stadium parking lot, the quad parking lot or the LMS parking lot. Student parking spaces are numbered. Students must park in lined spaces. Students may not park in visitor, faculty, reserved, or handicapped parking. Students may not park at the ends of rows or create their own parking space.
- Permits are not transferable and must be used by the student to whom it is assigned.
- Student permits will be issued by levels with no assigned space. Numbers on permits designate a particular student, not a particular parking space.
Level 1 - PAC/Stadium/Quad/LMS (purple), available to seniors only.
Level 2 - Stadium/Quad/LMS (red), available juniors only.
Level 3 - Quad/LMS (gray), available to sophomores only
- Students are permitted to park in the lot for the Level they purchased and any level below. (examples: a student with a Level 1 permit is allowed to park in the PAC, Stadium, or Quad/LMS; a student with a Level 2 permit is allowed to park in the Stadium or Quad/LMS; a student with a Level 3 permit is allowed to park in the Quad/LMS lot)
- Purchasing a particular level does not guarantee a spot in a particular lot. Parking is first come, first serve.
- Permits must be displayed at all times. Vehicles not displaying a permit may be subject to a parking violation.
- The cost of a permit will be $60 if purchased in MP1, $45 if purchased in MP2, $30 if purchased in MP3, or $15 if purchased in MP4.
- Students who are successful in obtaining a parking permit must submit online payment through SchoolCafé or pay cash in the Franklin Office after first period. No personal checks can be accepted.
- ONLY STUDENTS WITH VALID LICENSES (NOT PERMITS) MAY APPLY! Students must produce a valid driver’s license in order to pick up the permit.
- Students owing obligations for books, fees, etc. will not receive a parking permit until the obligation is met. The student should see their house office to take care of any obligations.
- Students with excessive absences (more than 10 days) may lose their parking privilege, without refund.
- Students who are suspended from school for disciplinary reasons may lose their parking privilege, without a refund.
- Students speeding or driving in a reckless manner on campus may also be ticketed and may lose parking privileges, without a refund.
- All students should report immediately to the high school building upon arrival at school; students should leave the parking lots as soon as they are dismissed from school. Loitering will not be permitted in the parking lots.
- Hempfield High School is not responsible for the security of vehicles (or the contents therein) while parked on the school grounds.
- Parking fees are non-refundable. If school is canceled or shut down, refunds will not be issued.
- Students who park illegally or improperly on campus will receive:
First Violation – Warning
Second Violation – Detention
Third Violation – Detention
Fourth Violation – Loss of Parking Permit