Educational Websites and Applications
Websites and Applications
Hempfield utilizes a large number of websites and software applications as part of the instructional program across the district. All applications purchased by the district undergo review for Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) compliance, terms of service, and information security. The Technology Department, in consultation with legal counsel, reviews privacy policies and terms of service on a yearly basis for any free websites and services that may be used in the classroom. To comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), parents must approve their child's use of the free websites and applications listed here. Some sites and applications are only used in specific grade levels and are noted in the list. Applications purchased and deployed by the district do not require consent and are not listed here. This list may be updated periodically.
Additional Google Services
In addition to the basic services provided by Google in GSuite, the district utilizes the following services governed by separate privacy policies. Parents must also approve these terms of service for their child to access district resources using these tools.
- Google Earth (terms of service)
- Google Maps (terms of service)
- Google Takeout (terms of service)
- Google Translator Toolkit (terms of service)
- Google Trips (terms of service)
- YouTube (Restricted Mode, Safe Search) for instructional videos in grades 2-8, (terms of service)
- YouTube (Safe Search) for instructional videos in grades 9-12, (terms of service)