Wireless access is available for students, parents, and guests in all district buildings. Students use their regular district username and password. Parents who have signed up for Schoology
can use the same username and password. Guests can get a temporary account from any district staff member.
To join, connect to the Hempfield-Guest wifi network. You will be prompted for a username and password. Depending on the type of device you are connecting with, you may also need some additional settings:
- The network security is 802.1x EAP
- The EAP method is PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication is MSCHAPv2
- Identity is your username
- Anonymous Identity should be left blank
Students and parents need to be aware of several rules and requirements before a device is brought to school:
- The student is solely responsible for any equipment that he/she brings to school. The Hempfield School District is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment. Students are encouraged to secure any devices in their lockers.
- In keeping with the school backpack policy, full size laptop bags are not permitted during the school day. Students are permitted and encouraged to use sleeve style laptop cases instead.
- Hempfield School District does not install any software or user accounts on student computers. Students are responsible for securing their devices and making sure that they have up to date anti-virus software installed.
- The wireless connection provided for guests is filtered and all web browsing is logged.
Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the Technology Department at (717)898-5596.