Wifi and Internet Access
Guest Wifi AccessWireless access is available for students, parents, and guests in all district buildings. Students use their regular district username and password. Parents who have signed up for Schoology can use the same username and password. Guests can get a temporary account from any district staff member.To join, connect to the Hempfield-Guest wifi network. You will be prompted for a username and password. Depending on the type of device you are connecting with, you may also need some additional settings:
Students and parents need to be aware of several rules and requirements before a device is brought to school:
- The network security is 802.1x EAP
- The EAP method is PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication is MSCHAPv2
- Identity is your username
- Anonymous Identity should be left blank
- The student is solely responsible for any equipment that he/she brings to school. The Hempfield School District is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment. Students are encouraged to secure any devices in their lockers.
- In keeping with the school backpack policy, full size laptop bags are not permitted during the school day. Students are permitted and encouraged to use sleeve style laptop cases instead.
- Hempfield School District does not install any software or user accounts on student computers. Students are responsible for securing their devices and making sure that they have up to date anti-virus software installed.
- The wireless connection provided for guests is filtered and all web browsing is logged.
Wifi/cellular hotspots are available for students to borrow from secondary libraries. These hotspots can be used for research projects and other assignments. They are content filtered and YouTube and other high bandwidth applications are blocked. A Hotspot Borrowing Agreement must be completed prior to the hotspot being checked out.Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the Technology Department at (717)898-5596.