Wireless access is available for students, parents, and guests in all district buildings. Parents who have signed up for PowerSchool and Schoology
can use the same username and password. Guests can get a temporary account from any district staff member. To join, connect to the Hempfield-Guest
wifi network. A login page will prompt you for a username and password.
For students who need to connect to wifi regularly, the Hempfield-1x network can be used.
iOS: Join Hempfield-1x and enter your full student email and password. Tap accept when prompted for the certificate.
Android: Join Hempfield-1x and select the following settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA Certificate: Do not validate
- Identity: your username
- Password: your password
- Domain: students.hempfieldsd.org
Students and parents need to be aware of several rules and requirements before a device is brought to school:
- The student is solely responsible for any equipment that he/she brings to school. The Hempfield School District is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment. Students are encouraged to secure any devices in their lockers.
- In keeping with the school backpack policy, full-size laptop bags are not permitted during the school day. Students are permitted and encouraged to use sleeve-style laptop cases instead.
- Hempfield School District does not install any software or user accounts on students' personal computers. Students are responsible for securing their devices and making sure that they have up-to-date anti-virus software installed.
- The wireless connection provided for guests is filtered and all web browsing is logged.
Wifi/cellular hotspots are available for students to borrow from secondary libraries. These hotspots can be used for research projects and other assignments. Content is filtered and YouTube and other high-bandwidth applications are blocked. A Hotspot Borrowing Agreement
must be completed prior to the hotspot being checked out. Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the Technology Department at (717) 898-5596.